Foresight Career Innovation Seminar
November 13, 2012
Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
20 N Wacker Drive
Chicago IL, 60606
Created to provide insights into the sustainability sector and strategies for obtaining a related position, this seminar introduces a wealth of information regarding where and how to begin one's career development process. Topics include types of sustainability careers and educational opportunities, among others. Time is also allotted to answer participant's specific questions during and at the end of the seminar. Participants receive an extensive annotated resource guide to help inform and propel their journeys.
The seminar includes sections on:
- What's It All About: Overriding Issues
- Who Are You (and Why It Matters): Self Assessment
- Finding Your Place: Career Types
- Knowing What to Know: Skill Sets
- The Psychology of Hiring: Reducing Risk
- Foot Meet Door: Getting In
- Carpe Diem: Next Steps
Space is limited!
This seminar is for anyone looking for a sustainability-related career regardless of length of time in the workforce.
Executive & Creative Director, Foresight Design Initiative
Broadly knowledgeable on sustainability issues, Peter leads a multifaceted career focused on the creative pursuit of greater social, environmental and economic sustainability. He consults on and undertakes innovative sustainable design projects for a diversity of clients, including government agencies, institutional nonprofits, and diverse businesses. Considered a highly adept discussion facilitator, he is in regular demand as a guest speaker, moderator and educator. Peter is dedicated to the education of the next generation of sustainability-minded leaders and regularly mentors interns as well as teaches the organization’s Immersion program.
- **Pre-registration required. Register here.**
- Cancellation Policy: All Foresight tickets and/or event registrations are non-refundable. If an event is canceled or postponed by Foresight, participants will be offered a full refund. Please contact us if a personal emergency keeps you from attending an event. At Foresight's discretion, a refund may be offered in these cases.
$84 General; $72 Student (with current ID)
firstname.lastname@example.org | (773) 271-1990